The Riddle Defense Kids Self Defense training program teaches a child to stand his or her ground, calmly evaluate a situation, and deal with it in a way that will prevent injury to themselves. When a child can protect himself or herself, they become more confident and self-assured, and that affects all aspects of their well-being and safety.
Our curriculum introduces and reinforces core skill-based self-defense training for this age group and has proven to be very successful. Nine to twelve-year olds are physically competent and can excel in most physical challenges that are presented to them.
- groin protection for boys
- boxing gloves
- boxing headgear
- personal towel
- water bottle for hydration
Students are asked to wear workout attire and sneakers. Bring a towel and water.
- Arrive 5 minutes prior to class time to get ready for the start of class.
- Upon entering the training facility please sign in (daily attendance book located by the administrators desk in rear of training room)
- Line up on the mat with belt tied properly.
- Never disturb classes that are in session
- Enter class with willingness to learn
- Please notify your instructor if student will be missing class (John: 561-262-7840)
- We ask that a parent or family member stay for the duration of the training session.
- If you have an injury or not feeling well before / during any of the training sessions – !please notify the instructor immediately
Training Dates & Times:
Tuesday: 4:30 PM to 5:25 PM
Thursday: 4:30 PM to 5:25 PM
$100 per student / per month *no contracts – pay monthly.
Open to boys & girls ages 9 to 12. No prior experience necessary.
📍Riddle Defense Training Facility
1000 NW 1st Ave # 5
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Meet The Instructor
John Riddle is a Retired Sergeant who served with the West Palm Beach Police Department. During his 28 years of service he has worked as a Patrol Officer, Field Training Officer and Road Patrol Supervisor. John is certified in the State of Florida to teach Defensive Tactics and Firearms to Law Enforcement officers.
In 1989, John tried out and was selected to become a member of the SWAT Team for the West Palm Beach Police Department where he served for 16 years. He instructed the SWAT Team’s defensive tactics program, firearms and tactical entry. He worked for 13 years on the Entry Team and 3 years as a Sniper Team Leader. In 1996, John was selected as a member of the CAT Team; a street level narcotics unit that performed drug buys, wrote search warrants, conducted prostitution stings and worked tactical patrol duties in high risk areas.
John’s teaching career began in the mid 1980’s when he was assigned as a Combat Arms Training Instructor (CATM) in the United States Air Force Marksmanship Unit. During his Air Force career John taught firearm skills to Air Force Security Police, Air Force Base Law Enforcement Personnel, Para Rescue units and Combat Controllers. Click here to view John’s full bio and certifications